Thursday, March 26, 2009

Losing Sleep

I couldn't sleep last night. My brain was too busy thinking for sleep. Strangely, the thing that I kept coming back to was my ever growing pile of WIPs (Works in Progress). Then I started wondering why I have so many.

Right now on the needles are 3 pairs of socks, the everlasting gobstopper Mermaid jacket, a pullover sweater, an entrelac wrap, a mobieus wrap, a lace stitch scarf, a baby hat and booties. I'm reasonably sure that might be more.

So why are there so many? I've always been on the A.D.D. side as a knitter. It's not that I can't focus, I just want to do too many things all at once. It's like a kid in a candy store. Too many pretty things to choose just one.

Also, there is the aspect of different projects for different moods. The mindless project, the pick up and go project, the project for needing a little challenge. Something for every whim. I've got it.

At any rate, I don't see me slowing down on the casting on. I hope I come to terms with this soon ... I really need my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment